1. Unless otherwise noted, the opinions, thoughts, and expressions of my followers do not necessarily reflect my own. 2. If you choose to employ derogatory terms, harass either myself or one of my followers through my blog or reblog any original material from my blog without giving me credit or out of context in order to discredit or scar my image, I will block you and report you to Tumblr. 3. I will not accept any submission that includes pornographic images. 4. From time to time, my blog will include posts that some may consider tasteless or offensive. Nothing--I MEAN NOTHING--is off limits EXCEPT dead baby jokes. I will not find them amusing, and I will not tolerate them. When a newborn dies in your arms fifteen minutes after birth, you will understand why I take this rule more seriously than any other. 5. If you don't like the rules I have established or find yourself offended at any point while visiting my blog because of a post on my blog, then you can--and I say this as kindly as I possibly can--fuck off.
With that said, you have been warned. -- River
P.S. I feel it's necessary to include this: tags do not necessarily have an obvious relationship between them and the respective posts upon which they appear. Furthermore, some subjects of the inclusions in the "WTF, Racism?" series are not necessarily racist, and the title of the "WTF, Social Jusice?" series does not imply a personal distaste for or dislike of all social justice blogs. Subjects of the inclusions in the latter series only include a certain hateful, predatory, and ignorant brand of social justice blog. -- River
“From what I’ve seen, your funny little happy-go-lucky little life leaves devastation in its wake. Always moving on because you dare not look back. Playing with so many people’s lives, you might as well be a god. And you’re right, Doctor. You’re absolutely right. Sometimes… you let one go.”
You bastards. She “was shot several times” by magic bullets that came from space?? You put police in the sentence, carrying the child to safety, but forgot to say that it was after THE POLICE shot her mother multiple times a few feet in front of her.
"Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness. Defenseless villages are bombarded from the air, the inhabitants driven out into the countryside, the cattle machine-gunned, the huts set on fire with incendiary bullets: this is called pacification. Millions of peasants are robbed of their farms and sent trudging along the roads with no more than they can carry: this is called transfer of population or rectification of frontiers. People are imprisoned for years without trial, or shot in the back of the neck or sent to die of scurvy in Arctic lumber camps: this is called elimination of unreliable elements. Such phraseology is needed if one wants to name things without calling up mental pictures of them.”
In a few weeks from now, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominating committee will reveal its ballot of nominees for the Class of 2014 inductions. The rules are fairly simple: only artists that debuted in 1988 or earlier are eligible, and there are typically 12-15 nominees on a single ballot.
The following are my predictions:
1. No-brainer: Nirvana and NWA
2. Most likely: Chic, Kraftwerk, The Spinners, Procol Harum
3. Quite possible: Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Chicago, The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, KISS, Yes, Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, War
4. Slight chance: The Moody Blues, Roxy Music, Warren Zevon, Gram Parsons, Joe Tex, The Smiths, The Cure, Cheap Trick, Pixies
5. Wild cards: Bon Jovi, Cat Stevens, Lou Reed, Sonic Youth, The “5” Royales, The Monkees, MC5, Jethro Tull, Dick Dale & His Del-Tones, Soundgarden
About Burned All My Notebooks, What Good Are Notebooks?
River Lee, 24. Cis-male.
Dallas, GA. Born in Atlanta.
Anti-racist, pro-feminist, pro-gay rights.
Existential nihilist and agnostic atheist.
Pacifist and iconoclast.
Music history buff.
Playwright and short fiction author.
Quantum physics geek.
University of West Georgia.
Areas of interest: postmodernism, post-colonialism, existentialism, nihilism, philosophy of language, philosophy of religion, subaltern studies, gothicism, absurdism, film theory, philosophy of sexuality, and philosophy of culture.
Nothing is unique; nothing is sacred. Everything is mangled garbage, and I am not a garbageman.
Now that we have that down, let's make some noise, shall we?